Accreditation team visits to evaluate BSM

BSM's Principal Dr. Sue Skinner visits with one of the members of the accreditation team as they evaluate the school. Accreditation happens on a five year basis in order to ensure BSM is focused on creating an environment that lives up to the best practice in education. (Taya Rettler)

April 24, 2014

On Wednesday April 23, a team of Accreditation members visited BSM to perform an evaluation that takes place every five years. The evaluation's purpose is to make sure that BSM is continuously focused on creating an environment that lives up to the best practice in education. The accreditation process takes place after BSM fills out a self report... Continue Reading

Both boys and girls golf teams look forward to a solid season

Due to cold weather, the golf team has been forced to practice inside. (Taya Rettler)

April 22, 2014

After practicing indoors due to the weather for the past two months hitting balls and getting their form down, the girls’ and boys’ golf teams are ready to start their seasons. When the teams began playing outside, they played nine holes while focusing on putting and driving. “I believe that we have a lot of strong and talented players on the... Continue Reading

Senior engages in his passion for cinematography

Nevells has been quickly earning a reputation as a skilled filmmaker at BSM. (Keenan Schember)

April 24, 2014

On March 30th, BSM senior Mack Nevells won the award for best high school director in the midwest. The award was given by NATAS, or the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, the same group that hosts the Emmy... Continue Reading

Craft making options abound in the Twin Cities

April 22, 2014

Fired Up Tucked away in a spacious warehouse near the University of Minnesota, Fired Up, the pottery creation shop, provides a sculpting experience unlike any other. Potters of all skill levels, including newcomers,... Continue Reading

Paint your plate provides a fun and colorful environment for guest to realease their creativity and enjoy painting a unique pottery piece. (Taylor Blad)

The AP Euro Review: a journey in procrastination

Staff writer Emily Pirkl struggles through the perils of her AP Euro assignments. (Shannon O'Connor)

February 25, 2014

It’s 11:09 p.m. (nine minutes after my self-imposed bedtime) and I’m far from snuggling under my flannel bed sheets. By the looks of it, I will be violating my own rule for the fifth night in a row, and, judging by my track record, this won’t be the last time. I’m on Tumblr, of course. Or, at least, I was. Then I clicked on link for a YouTube... Continue Reading

SportDateTimeOpponentLocation
Boys GolfFri, Apr 25 TBDTBDEdinburgh USA
Boys TennisFri, Apr 25 4:15 p.m.Holy AngelsValley View Playfield (Bloomington)
Boys TrackFri, Apr 25 3:30 p.m.Moore RelaysBenilde-St. Margaret's
Girls GolfFri, Apr 25 3:30 p.m.Moore RelaysBenilde-St. Margaret's
BaseballSat, Apr 26 12 p.m.EdinaAway
BaseballMon, Apr 28 6:30 p.m.St. Louis ParkAway
Boys GolfMon, Apr 28 11 a.m.NSC OpponentsBunker Hills Golf Course
Girls GolfMon, Apr 28 11 a.m.NSC OpponentsBunker Hills Golf Course
Boys TennisMon, Apr 28 4:00 p.m.Robbinsdale ArmstrongArmstrong High School
Tue, Apr 29 12 p.m.Elk River InviteElk River Country Club
Boys TennisTue, Apr 29 4:00 p.m.IrondaleIrondale High School
BaseballWed, Apr 30 4:15 p.m.Robbinsdale CooperAway
Click on any sport above to see a full schedule for that sport.
SportDateOpponentResultW/L
BaseballSat, Apr 19 Totino-Grace2-1W
Boys LacrosseSat, Apr 19 Eagan14-15L
Boys LacrosseThu, Apr 17 Spring Lake Park17-4W
Girls LacrosseThu, Apr 17 Spring Lake Park17-3W
Boys TrackThu, Apr 17 Multiple OpponentsCANCEL
Girls TrackThu, Apr 17 Multiple OpponentsCANCEL
BaseballTue, Apr 15 Fridley5-1W
Boys GolfTue, Apr 15 NSC Opponents2nd Place
Boys LacrosseTue, Apr 15 Eden Prairie8-7W
Girls LacrosseTue, Apr 15 Columbia Heights15-1W
Boys TennisTue, Apr 15 Totino-Grace7-0W
Girls GolfMon, Apr 14 BSM/Red Knight InviteCANCEL

Editorial Removed by Administration

November 15, 2010

Benilde-St. Margaret’s School is committed to ensuring that all students are safe, respected, and protected. As a Catholic school, our responsibility is to respect and uphold the dignity of the vulnerable, including students who are attracted to the same sex. Section 2358 of the Roman Catholic Catechism says that men and women with homosexual tendencies must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity.

As educators, we encourage student dialogue in a responsible way under the supervision of caring adults. As a Catholic high school, we have a responsibility to uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church. All high school administrators, public or private, have the right to regulate the standards for the school newspaper.

The online comments regarding the editorial and the opinion piece in question were creating a disrespectful environment as well as confusion about the teachings of the Catholic Church; therefore, the administration exercised its prerogative to have the material removed from the website.

Dr. Bob Tift
President, Benilde-St. Margaret’s School