Patisserie Margo: the perfect sweet stop

A small store front in a strip mall, Patisserie Margo does anything but stand out. However, don’t let the plain green awning and single chair patio disillusion you: Patisserie Margo sets the bar for other small and locally owned bakeries. Sparsely decorated, Patisserie Margo is not for those looking for plush booths to eat their slice of cherry tart, but the atmosphere is pleasant enough for a morning quick stop.

Lemon bars, almond croissants, cherry and apricot danishes, cranberry and maple nut tarts, and flourless chocolate raspberry tortes call to hungry diners from their glass display cases. Buy more than one, because, after tasting one of their items, the craving will never subside.

Employee Sam Bredeson attributes their outstanding pastry and dessert items to the products they use to create them. “We use very good ingredients, we use real eggs, and none of our products have preservatives.”

Patisserie Margo’s delicious treats are sold at prices equally satisfying: muffins and scones for $1.90, cookies for $1.25, croissants from $1.90 to $2.05, danishes for $2.05, bars for $2.00, and individual desserts for $2.05, including cupcakes, and individual size servings of their more expensive specialties.

Patisserie Margo’s large scale items including tarts, tortes and specialty cakes range from 15.00 to 40.00 depending on the size and number of servings of each item. Patisserie Margo also caters events where desserts are necessary.

Costumer service is also great at Patisserie Margo. “We see a lot of regulars” said Bredeson, “we are definitely a family place.” From the moment the door swings open to the blast of spring air as you exit, you are treated like a friend and a regular no matter if Patisserie Margo is technically in your neck of the woods.

Patisserie Margo is located in Edina, just off the intersection of 50th street and Interlachen boulevard; stop by and see what a tasty pastry and a serving of friendly service can do for you.