Girls’ lacrosse set to improve record

Despite losing nine seniors last year, the girls’ lacrosse team expects to have a successful season. The team is equipped with hard-working, talented players, and everyone is ready to improve.

Excited and ready to lead, this year’s captains, seniors Kelly Dwyer and Lauren Waldon and junior Sara Taffe, anticipate an enjoyable, successful season. With many talented girls, the captains plan to improve last year’s 7-8 overall record.

The team lost a few key seniors last year, including Emma Forschler and Maddy Moore, one of the team’s top goal scorers. “All of the seniors last year contributed to our success and we will have to figure out a way to move past that and grow as a team this year,” said Dwyer.

Many of the players have put a lot of time and effort during the off-season. Seeing many players improve gives the captains confidence that the team has potential to do well this season. “I think we have a lot of new talent and opportunity. The other night, the U of M girls lacrosse coach commented that BSM would be ‘a team to watch out for this season’,” said Waldon.

A few of the most important games for the team this year include Edina, St. Louis Park, and Holy Family. Last year the team only lost to Holy Family by one, so they hope to redeem themselves this year. “I think this year the team’s focus and drive will be more intense and that can only help our success,” said Dwyer.