A waste of a bachelor

A waste of a bachelor

The Bachelor has been a reality TV show glorifying a twisted road to finding love for the past ten years. As an adamant Bachelor viewer, I have loyally stood by the show’s side through the cheesy romantic dates and low point heart breaks. Until this season, that is.

This season’s eligible bachelor is a wine making, lust-longing, handsome Californian named Ben. Being the past season’s heartbreak of the Bachelorette, he entered the Bachelor’s new season well prepared and ready to find love. Leaving behind his hurt feelings toward Ashely––the woman that left him on one knee with his rejected engagement ring in hand, he was hopeful that he wouldn’t leave again without a woman by his side.

In the beginning of the season, the first rose ceremony was filled with beautiful, lovely women that all seemed to be possible matchs for the beloved Ben. One by one, as the season has proceeded, the respectable women have been dismissed, their chance at love taken from their grasp.

With the final two women left, I question if Ben will actually find his love. Between the cutie with a painful dating history, and a morally unacceptable floozy, the chances are looking slim.

I fear Ben will follow the feelings inspired by his testosterone taking over rather than thinking this important decision through and proposing to a woman he could actually have a successful marriage with. Ben has driven down a road with no outlet. The two women left have led him to a dead end.

What a waste of a season. What a waste of a Bachelor.

View Comments (1)

• K

Kaia PreusMar 14, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Agreed. At the beginning of the season, I was excited to have Ben as The Bachelor, but the further I got the less I liked him. Ben took advantage of girls’ feelings and let his hormones get in the way of respect. He doesn’t act maturely–even maturely enough for the two dead end women.

A waste of a bachelor