Prom Coronation 2010

As the end of April approaches, the upperclassmen are all buzzing about one thing: prom.
This year’s prom is happening on April 24, 2010, with Grand March starting at 6:00 p.m. and, keeping with tradition, the buses returning students to Benilde- St. Margaret’s at midnight. Families and other guests are welcome to attend Grand March and partake in the entertainment.
At the dance, the English department will be chaperoning to ensure a fun and safe night is had by all.
Dinner, catered by Windows on Minnesota, is set to start at 7:30 p.m. and the dancing is expected to begin 8:30 p.m, continuing for approximately three hours before students leave.
The theme of this year’s prom is “On Top of the World” and, in keeping with this theme, the balloon arch will have a skyscraper theme. Grand March couples will be announced by juniors Peter Shubloom and Paige Erickson.
The annual Prom Princess coronation took place on Monday, April 19, in the theater, with couples processing to their favorite songs while emcees Seoyung Choi and Emily Roberts announced them.
Candidates for the2010 Prom Princess were Margeux Minea, Natalie Dorsy, Lucie Neary, Laura Kosch, Tish Alexander and Maddie Bergh, all walking with their escorts.
Senior Tish Alexander escorted by D’Andre’ Williamson, was co-captain of the state-winning  girls varsity basketball team and was crowned as the winner by the 2010 Mr. BSM, Kirby Ahlm, to rousing cheers throughout the auditorium. “Well they were both pretty ballin’, but winning prom princess was definitely better than state. I wasn’t as sweaty,” said Alexander.